The Malta Film Commission invites licensed auditing firms to be part of a pool of auditors for conducting film accounting audits, ensuring compliance with industry standards and financial regulations offered as instructed by the Malta Film Commission.
The auditors will be responsible for:
1. Ensuring that applications and final submissions align with relevant financial incentive guidelines, legal notices, and any State Aid Rules.
2. Verifying the eligibility of claimed expenditures and ensuring the accuracy of the transactional value for actual work on qualifying productions in Malta.
3. Ensuring that the qualifying company (and/or the local registered production service company) has adhered to and complies with transparent and proper accounting and procurement principles supported by meticulous documentation (including and ensuring fiscal validity, signed contracts, proof of payments), and adherence to best practices and ethical standards.
4. Assessing the reasonableness of claimed amounts in proportion to the budget and production size which should be fair, reasonable, and represent value for money.
5. Highlighting any irregularities or potential ‘abuse’ that could lead to fraudulent gain.
6. Conducting audits of film productions following the Malta Film Commissions ‘agreed-upon procedures’ checklist.
7. Ensuring compliance with industry standards and financial regulations as per Malta Film Commissions ‘agreed upon procedure’ guidelines.
8. To present the procedures’ findings and audit report, in the required format.
– Valid license to practice as an auditor in Malta.
– Professional experience in auditing with a proven track record and an understanding of (a) the Film Industry, including standard film production documents; (b) the Malta Film Commission Cash Rebate and all application materials; and (c) the process and application of all the agreed-upon procedures required as part of the final application process (training will be given by MFC and is mandatory to be part of the MFC’s pool of auditors).
– Adequate qualified staff for timely audits, meeting the Malta Film Commission standards and timeframes.
– Must communicate effectively and efficiently with MFC.
– Must exhibit a commitment to professional ethics and maintains a professional demeanour and behavior.
– No conflict-of-interest agreements or disclosures expected.
If you are interested, please send your expression of interest and queries via email to [email protected]
Deadline: 9th February 2024